“We See You, Warren County” Campaign Off to a Strong Start!
“We See You, Warren County,” a grassroots campaign designed to build a sense of connection throughout the community, officially kicked off on September 1, 2021.
Why Start this Campaign?
Our “We See You, Warren County” Campaign aims to build community! But, building community begins with individuals connecting to each other. At a very basic level, this happens when people witness, or acknowledge, each other, simply with good eye contact and a smile. Yet even in years without a pandemic, many people do not have that sense of connectedness with others. They feel isolated, forgotten. The past 18 months have been even more challenging, as evidenced by the rise in mental health issues, alcohol consumption, and drug misuse and overdoses.
That’s why the Warren Coalition is inviting the entire community of Front Royal/Warren County—businesses, schools, organizations, clubs, families, and individuals—to engage in a witnessing campaign called “We See You, Warren County.”
How Does It Work?
Participants will commit to greeting others with a smile and a standard monthly greeting—for example, the first month will be simply, “Hello, I hope you have a wonderful day.” This greeting is to be used for everyone, both those you know personally and those you don’t.
Participants are encouraged to share their experiences on social media using the hashtag #WeCUWC. Businesses and organizations will receive a window cling to show they are participating. Each month, the Warren Coalition will feature up to 50 We See You participants on a website and on the Warren Coalition social media accounts.
Sign-ups are ongoing now, with the official kick-off of the campaign being September 1st to officially sign up yourself, your family, or your business or organization. Click here to sign up!
Positive Affirming Greetings
As mentioned, participants of this campaign will commit to greeting others with a smile and a standard monthly greeting—for example, the first month will be simply, “Hello, I hope you have a wonderful day.” This greeting is to be used for everyone, both those you know personally and those you don’t.
We have suggested greetings scheduled for each month! Scroll down to view each suggested greeting for the month:
- Good morning. /Hello Hope you have a great/wonderful day. (Sept 2021)
- Good morning/Hello It’s great to see you today. (Oct. 2021)
- Good morning/Hello Good luck today. (Nov. 2021)
- Good morning/Hello I’m glad you are here. (Dec. 2021)
- Good morning/hello Thanks for being part of our community. (Jan 2022)
- Good morning/hello We are in this together. Feb. 2022
- Good morning/hello You make a difference [sticker option] (March 2022)
- Good morning/hello We/I appreciate you. (April 2022)
- Good morning/hello You matter. [sticker option] (May 2022)
- Good morning/hello You brighten my day. (June 2022)
- Good morning/hello You are enough [sticker option] (July 2022)
- “Choose your favorite saying from the months above” (Aug 2022)